JABATAN KECEMASAN DAN TRAUMA
To Ensure The Provision Of Early, Appropriate, Comprehensive And Holistic Emergency Medical And Trauma Care Which Encompasses The Resuscitation, Stabilization And The Definitive Care Of Our Clients
Our objective is to establish a center of excellence in the provision of emergency medical and trauma care of the highest quality in the country. We will achieve this with the following strategies:
- Provision of emergency care through a holistic approach which emphasizes both the technical aspect as well as the Corporate Culture aspect.
- Provision of emergency care by highly trained personnel fulfilling the appropriate professional standards.
- A "Learning Organization" with active research, publications and training activities.
- A "Caring Organization" with the philosophy of "Caring Heart Comes From Caring Home".
- A user friendly department utilizing a "Smart Building Concept" with the philosophy of "Structure Mirrors Process and Structure Facilitates Care".
With full commitment we will provide high quality services to our clients with the following charter:
- All Non Critical Cases will be attended to within 30 to 60 minutes from registration.
- All Semi Critical Cases will be seen within 10 to 20 minutes from arrival.
- All cases triaged as Critical will be immediately seen without delay.
- All cases seen in the Emergency Department must go through 2 levels of the triage system to ensure appropriate care.
The treatment of patients is divided into 3 categories:-
- 1. Non Critical Zone (Green Zone).
- 2. Semi Critical Zone (Yellow Zone).
- 3. Critical Zone (Red Zone).
Services are divided into
1. Acute Emergency Medical Care
- Area of critical & ill patient where there are stabilized & treated before go to definitive care
2. Asthma Bay
- It is for asthmatics that have a light attack of asthma
3. One Stop Crisis Centre (O.S.C.C.)
- Cases of rape, battered women and battered children are seen in this special room. Patients are also advised or counseled by social workers and N.G.O (Non Governmental Organization)
4. Pre-Hospital Care
- Ambulance services for emergency medical care outside hospital
5. Call Centre
- Centre for emergency medical call centre for Sabah region and referral from district hospital
6. Disaster Management
- This department is always on standby alert for disaster and coordinates the medical base station on the field
7. Procedure Room
- Used for minor procedure like wound suturing, dressing, & catherization
8. Out Patient Clinic
- Run by Outpatient Department Doctor after office hour till 10:00 pm & Public Holiday (8:00 am-10:00 am)
- To provide internal & external training for assistant medical officer, nurses & medical officer
For Medical Emergency Only 999
Queen Elizabeth Hospital (+6088) 517555
Emergency Nurses Desk (extension no. 7262)
Emergency Medical Officer Desk (extension no. 7263)
Fax (+6088) 538410